Want a private school education for your grandchildren?Today, with many cash-strapped parents feeling a financial squeeze, grandparents are stepping in to help pay for their grandkids' education.
Why choose private school?
Many families are investigating private schools because they are looking for specific resources and programs for their children such as, gifted, traditional, special needs, Montessori, Waldorf, coed, single-sex, day and boarding.
What is a Private School EXPO?
A great way to check out your options is to visit a private school Expo such as the one on Saturday, October 15th in Toronto. That way you can speak directly to educators from a wide variety of schools and compare choices to find the one that will give your grandchildren the best opportunity to excel.
Expos also offer information sessions on everything from how to finance a private school education to how to choose the best independent school.
Tell your kids and grandkids
If you can't attend an Expo, be sure to tell your son or daughter and your grandchildren so that they can check out their options!
What: Private School Expo
When: Saturday, October 15, 2011. 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Roy Thomson Hall, 60 Simcoe Street, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2J5
Register Online here
Upcoming EXPOS in other cities:
Oakville, Ontario: October 23, 2011
Vancouver, BC: November 27, 2011
Here are some questions to ask at the Expo:
- What makes your school unique?
- What is your school's philosophy for students my grandchild's age?
- What facilities and equipment does your school offer?
- What extracurricular and co-curricular activities are available?
- How does your school challenge and support student achievement and leadership?
- How does your school encourage involvement amongst parents, teachers and students?
- May I have an outline of the school calendar? How long is the school day and the school year?
- What curriculum guidelines does your school follow and how are students evaluated?
- What is the average class size? What are the transportation options for my grandchild?
- What is the admission process for my grandchild?
- When and how do they apply?
- Does your school have specific intake years?
- Do you have a waiting list?
- How much is tuition and what other costs might we incur (e.g. uniform, books, equipment)?
- What are my payment options?
- What student financial assistance is available?