Comfort Life News Round-Up: To Work or To Retire.
"Should I continue to work or should I retire?", is the question that many will be asking themselves as their retirement age looms over the horizon. With the advancement of medicine and technology, older adults are living longer and stronger so why retire if you don't have to? The choice they make could affect the labour force and economy in various different ways.
Here's what caught our eye this week:
- According to Stats Canada, seniors will slow the growth of the labour force down.
- Retirement goes on hiatus as people work longer
- Seniors are working longer just to make ends meet.
- Demographic tidal-wave makes retirement less certain
- On the other hand, senior citizen explosion could be a job creator!
- Loss of home equity downsizes retirement for many
* * * * * *