Check out our most recent posts about retirement living
New for 2021
- Berwick Retirement Communities
- Burnaby assisted living
- Campbell River retirement homes
- Edmonton retirement home reviews
- Edmonton supportive living
- Kamloops retirement homes
- Managers' videos series
- Memory care in Calgary
- North Vancouver retirement homes
- Penticton retirement homes
- Richmond, BC assisted living
- Sherwood Park retirement homes
- VRS Communities Society
- Zest Communities
Articles from the 19th annual 2021 Comfort Life retirement guide
- Keep good company. Join a cycle of generosity in retirement homes.
- Do what you love. In the right setting, artists of aging stay attuned.
- Eat well & exercise regularly. Healthy living is part of everyday life in these communities.
- Make the small moments great. Capture the joy of hygge.
- What are the biggest trends in the retirement living sector?
- What inspires you to consistently improve?
- What makes you unique in the industry?
- What innovations are coming to market?
- What's the future of retirement-living?
- Active Adult Lifestyle leadership
- Senior living leadership
Leaders in the series:
- Tanya Snow, Bria Communities
- Elaine Wood, Delmanor
- Ernie Hee & Veronica Da Conceicao, OPAL by Element
- Angela Kelly, RN, River Crest Estates
- Kevin Pidgeon, Nautical Lands Group
- Karim Kassam, Optima Living
- Louisa Flinn & Anna Louie, PARC Retirement
- Marie-Josee Lafontaine, Scarborough Retirement Residence;
- Tony DiFruscio, St. Elizabeth Village
Updated for 2021:
Articles from the 18th annual 2020 Comfort Life retirement guide
Retirement home safety and preparedness during quarantine:
Articles about life in retirement homes now:
Seniors staying connected (updated in 2021)
Resources related to seniors and COVID-19
Features from the Annual Magazine for 2019:
Find your passion!
how seniors rediscover things they really love.
Friends just outside the door
profiles how moving into a community leads to an expanded social life.
Eat what you like with people you love
profiles dining experiences in top retirement communities.
Fitness can be fun
profiles exercise as a natural part of life in the best retirement communities.
summarizes all the ways that people find hygge in top communities.
Other recent articles (published from 2016-2019)
Community Living and Senior Care:
Alzheimer's Treatment: an Overview
- Continuing Care Vancouver
- Continuing Care in Calgary
- Continuing Care in Toronto
- Continuing Care in Ottawa
- Assisted Living Costs in BC
- Assisted Living Costs in Ontario
- Senior Living Costs in Alberta
- Senior Living Costs in BC
- Senior Living Costs in Ontario
- Supportive Living Costs in Albert
- Memory Care Kitchener
- Memory Care Ottawa
- Memory Care Vaughan & Markham
- Dementia Care Plan
- Dementia Care Toronto
- Pickering-Ajax Memory Care
- Christian Retirement Homes
- Christian Retirement Homes in Calgary
- Christian Retirement Homes in Toronto
- Christian Retirement Homes in Regina
- Jewish Retirement Homes
- Palliative Care for Alzheimer's Sufferers
- Palliative Care in the GTA
- Palliative Care Hamilton
- Palliative Care London
- Palliative Care in Mississauga
- Palliative Care Oshawa
- Palliative Care in Ottawa
- Respite Care in Toronto
- Respite Care Vancouver
- Respite Care Mississauga
- Respite Care Ottawa
- Respite Care for Dementia Sufferers
- Calgary Senior Apartments
- Etobicoke Senior Apartments
- Hamilton Senior Apartments
- Kitchener Senior Apartments
- Niagara Falls Senior Apartments
- Scarborough Senior Apartments
- Senior Apartments in Surrey
- Toronto Senior Apartments
- Vancouver Senior Apartments
- Entertainment and Lesiure Services for Seniors
- Government Services for Seniors
- Real Estate Agents for Seniors
- Seniors Moving Services
- Seniors' Travel Services
Issues Related to Seniors and Families
Adult Day Programs: all you need to know about this popular service for seniors
Aging in Place: part 1 of a 3 part of our 2017 look at the cost of aging in place
Aging in Place with Community Support: part 2 of 3
Ashby Memory Method, The
- Caregiver story: Gordon
- Caregiver story: Yvonne and Hazel
- Caregiver story: Debbie
- Caregiver story: Margaret
Memory Loss: When is it a concern?
How to Move Smartly: one story on the value of planning ahead
I Moved Mom into a Retirement Home (and it turned out great!)
Local Health Integration Networks in Ontario (LHINs)
Pivotal Aging Innovations: is the senior care industry ready for disruption?
Respite Stay in a Retirement Home: part 3 of 3 (see "Aging in Place" above)
Seniors and Loneliness: living in community can save lives
Sundown Syndrome: An overview of symptoms and effects
Life Inside Retirement Communities
How to Live a Longer, Healthier Life! Lead article in 2018 magazine
Women and Aging: ten sages weigh in on how to deal with aging