Check out our most recent posts about retirement living
- Airdrie independent living
- Aspira Retirement Living
- Assisted Living Kamloops
- Assisted Living Oshawa
- Brampton independent living
- Brighton retirement homes
- Guelph independent living
- Kelowna independent living
- Kelowna Assisted Living
- Kingston Assisted Living
- Levante Living
- Livita Retirement Residences
- Nanaimo independent living
- Nanaimo Memory Care
- Parksville assisted living
- Parksville retirement homes
- Pickering assisted living
- Richmond Hill Assisted Living
- Stittsville Retirement Homes
Articles from the 20th annual Comfort Life Retirement Guide
- When is the right time to move?
- What lifestyle options are out there?
- How will moving improve my diet?
- How will moving improve my fitness?
- How will I spend my time?
- Who will I live with?
- How do I move easily and smoothly?
- Selling your home in 2022? Move to independent living!
- Think staying in your own home is independence? Think again!
- Making every day matter
- Your memory care options in 2022
- Five keys to successful aging
- Insider Perspectives on retirement homes
- Utiva helps prevent UTIs
- What makes Sifton Properties different?
- Fun times in senior living, in 2022
- George Markow's heroic journey
- Four tipping points in the need for care
- Berwick Retirement Communities
- Burnaby assisted living
- Campbell River retirement homes
- Edmonton retirement home reviews
- Edmonton supportive living
- Kamloops retirement homes
- Managers' videos series
- Memory care in Calgary
- North Vancouver retirement homes
- Penticton retirement homes
- Richmond, BC assisted living
- Sherwood Park retirement homes
- VRS Communities Society
- Zest Communities
Articles from the 19th annual 2021 Comfort Life retirement guide
- Keep good company. Join a cycle of generosity in retirement homes.
- Do what you love. In the right setting, artists of aging stay attuned.
- Eat well & exercise regularly. Healthy living is part of everyday life in these communities.
- Make the small moments great. Capture the joy of hygge.
- What are the biggest trends in the retirement living sector?
- What inspires you to consistently improve?
- What makes you unique in the industry?
- What innovations are coming to market?
- What's the future of retirement-living?
- Active Adult Lifestyle leadership
- Senior living leadership
Leaders in the series:
- Tanya Snow, Bria Communities
- Elaine Wood, Delmanor
- Ernie Hee & Veronica Da Conceicao, OPAL by Element
- Angela Kelly, RN, River Crest Estates
- Kevin Pidgeon, Nautical Lands Group
- Karim Kassam, Optima Living
- Louisa Flinn & Anna Louie, PARC Retirement
- Marie-Josee Lafontaine, Scarborough Retirement Residence;
- Tony DiFruscio, St. Elizabeth Village
Best small towns on the prairies
Retirement living is more accessible and valuable than ever
Seven seniors still changing the world (Seniors' Month 2021)
Seven things you're going to love about The Shores of Port Credit
Updated for 2021:
Seven reasons to move into a retirement home
Articles from the 18th annual 2020 Comfort Life retirement guide
Forward into the future: retirement homes provide a progressive response
Live with good people: generosity abounds in retirement communities
Grow in passion: the artistry of aging well
Exciting opportunities abound in adult lifestyle
Retirement home safety and preparedness during quarantine:
Retirement homes remain welcoming, vibrant places to live, offering excellent care.
Precautions communities take to protect seniors in their care
Retirement homes offering virtual tours, during quarantine.
Articles about life in retirement homes now:
Seniors staying connected (updated in 2021)
Gratitude for great care and compassion
Staying healthy and active despite quarantine
Exceptionally inspiring caregivers and seniors
Resources related to seniors and COVID-19
How to help seniors during the outbreak
How to protect seniors during COVID-19
How to talk to seniors about the seriousness of COVID-19
Features from the Annual Magazine for 2019:
Find your passion!
how seniors rediscover things they really love.
Friends just outside the door
profiles how moving into a community leads to an expanded social life.
Eat what you like with people you love
profiles dining experiences in top retirement communities.
Fitness can be fun
profiles exercise as a natural part of life in the best retirement communities.
summarizes all the ways that people find hygge in top communities.
Other recent articles (published from 2016-2019)
Aging in Place at Royal Windsor at Balmoral Village
Finding Paradise at Arbutus Ridge
It's All Here in Active Lifestyle!
Retirement Bungalows in Ontario
Community Living and Senior Care:
Alzheimer's Treatment: an Overview
Assisted Living in Niagara Falls
Boutique-style retirement communities
Bradford Ontario Retirement Homes
- Continuing Care Vancouver
- Continuing Care in Calgary
- Continuing Care in Toronto
- Continuing Care in Ottawa
- Assisted Living Costs in BC
- Assisted Living Costs in Ontario
- Senior Living Costs in Alberta
- Senior Living Costs in BC
- Senior Living Costs in Ontario
- Supportive Living Costs in Albert
- Memory Care Kitchener
- Memory Care Ottawa
- Memory Care Vaughan & Markham
- Dementia Care Plan
- Dementia Care Toronto
- Pickering-Ajax Memory Care
- Christian Retirement Homes
- Christian Retirement Homes in Calgary
- Christian Retirement Homes in Toronto
- Christian Retirement Homes in Regina
- Jewish Retirement Homes
Moving into Independent Living
- Palliative Care for Alzheimer's Sufferers
- Palliative Care in the GTA
- Palliative Care Hamilton
- Palliative Care London
- Palliative Care in Mississauga
- Palliative Care Oshawa
- Palliative Care in Ottawa
Pros and cons of assisted living
Pros and cons of independent living
- Respite Care in Toronto
- Respite Care Vancouver
- Respite Care Mississauga
- Respite Care Ottawa
- Respite Care for Dementia Sufferers
Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority (RHRA), The
- Calgary Senior Apartments
- Etobicoke Senior Apartments
- Hamilton Senior Apartments
- Kitchener Senior Apartments
- Niagara Falls Senior Apartments
- Scarborough Senior Apartments
- Senior Apartments in Surrey
- Toronto Senior Apartments
- Vancouver Senior Apartments
- Entertainment and Lesiure Services for Seniors
- Government Services for Seniors
- Real Estate Agents for Seniors
- Seniors Moving Services
- Seniors' Travel Services
Smaller retirement communities
Welcoming committees, ambassadors, and mentoring
Issues Related to Seniors and Families
Adult Day Programs: all you need to know about this popular service for seniors
Advance Care Planning: Living Wills
Aging Parents' Issues, Problems and Solutions
Aging in Place: part 1 of a 3 part of our 2017 look at the cost of aging in place
Aging in Place with Community Support: part 2 of 3
Ashby Memory Method, The
Caregiver Benefits: a Detailed Look at Financial Support
- Caregiver story: Gordon
- Caregiver story: Yvonne and Hazel
- Caregiver story: Debbie
- Caregiver story: Margaret
Discuss Retirement Homes With Your Aging Parents
Design for Memory Care: Some Recent Trends
Getting Away: Short term respite care
Memory Loss: When is it a concern?
How to Move Smartly: one story on the value of planning ahead
I Moved Mom into a Retirement Home (and it turned out great!)
I Want to Move But What Do I Do With My Stuff?
Local Health Integration Networks in Ontario (LHINs)
Moving Out: The Benefits of Finding a Better Place to Live
Ontario Improving Alzheimer's Support Services
Pivotal Aging Innovations: is the senior care industry ready for disruption?
Pivotal's Master Accredited Senior Agent Program
Respite Stay in a Retirement Home: part 3 of 3 (see "Aging in Place" above)
Seniors and Loneliness: living in community can save lives
Seniors' moving companies: dos and don'ts
Signs It's Time for Assisted Living
Sundown Syndrome: An overview of symptoms and effects
Retirement Residence Innovations
Size Matters: Right Sizing Your Retirement Suite
Life Inside Retirement Communities
Food, Glorious Food: Taking the Anxiety Out of Dining
Fresh Take on Dining at Delmanor, A
Hazelton Place's Bee Sanctuary
Independent living is a proactive choice
Inside V!VA Barrhaven: Ted and Marilyn Fenwick
LivingBalance at PARC Retirement Living
Make Every Day Great with Verve Senior Living
V!VA Barrhaven Retirement Community's Amenities
Mobility Dance Program Gives Resident New Lease on LIFE
Key Ingredient is Passion at Aberdeen Retirement Residence
Taking a Bite Out of Life, at Scarborough Retirement Residence
Why Move Into a Retirement Home
2018 last minute tax tips for older Canadians
Best Places to Retire in Canada
Best Places to Retire in Alberta
Best Places to Retire in Southwestern Ontario
Coming to Terms with the T2201
Five Fastest Growing Activities for Seniors, The
How to Live a Longer, Healthier Life! Lead article in 2018 magazine
Living with Intent: Three Most Important Questions
Our Aging Population: The Statistics
Oliver Sacks on Living a Life with Meaning
Paul Simon on Life and Retirement
Poet and the Philosopher on Longevity and Loss, The
Six Reasons You Need More Music in Your Life
Time for a Change: Annie Dillard
Tips to Improving Mental Health
Women and Aging: ten sages weigh in on how to deal with aging