Newly Renovated Communities
Updated and upgraded with all the latest features, just for you
Retirement homes and senior care are being improved upon constantly, as times change, technology improves and there are new advancements in mobility, care and construction. Communities listed below have recently upgraded or are in the process of updating facilities to serve the needs of today’s seniors. Move into one of these communities and you’re certain to get the best in contemporary retirement living and care; they’re looking for new residents like you.
Communities under renovation
Some communities currently under renovation have a waiting list for new residents. Units in these communities will have the freshest feel and look imaginable. You'll get to move in with others who are also new to the retirement home experience. Many of these have a short waiting list, so contact them today!
Advantages of moving into a newly updated community
Some of the contemporary-minded aspects you might find in these newly renovated communities might include:
- Up-to-date accessibility design and safety throughout the building, including gently sloping ramps, refurbished elevators and more
- Clean, state-of-the-art dining facilities
- Up-to-date facilities for fitness and other activities
- Spacious environments for optimal enjoyment, leisure
- Lush landscaping with beautiful gardens and lawns that provide a healthy, vibrant environment to spend time in
- The latest in security technology, including high tech cameras and more
- The latest in medical alert technology used in your suite and around the building
- Contemporary lighting, with expansive windows and best available views of your environment
- Bathrooms designed for maximum comfort and mobility needs, including safety bars, walk-in showers and comfort height toilets
- Up-to-date heating and air conditioning for maximum comfort
These are just a few of the features that retirement communities are adding, in order to appeal to people today.
Moving into an established facility
In addition to the newness of a refurbished building, there are a number of advantages that come from moving into an already established community:
- A care community is already in place, so you know what you are getting. You can review the retirement residences' reputation and talk to people who are currently living there. In an established facility, you can familiarize yourself with already-trained, experienced, caring staff, and with the residence's already-in-place features. In today's high quality retirement homes, this may include the dining hall and kitchen, the lounge, external landscaping, billiards rooms and many other features. You can see what all of these features are like in situ – without speculating how they will actually turn out, as you would in a new build.
- You may be saving money. On a square footage basis, a renovated residence is likely to cost the builder less than when they are building and selling a new community, so this savings is likely passed on to you. You are getting the best of both worlds: newness, without the price of being new.
- Added character. Older retirement homes tend to be in older neighbourhoods so you can expect to find nearby parks, tree-lined streets and other typical aspects of a neighbourhood that has aged and is not likely to have other places that are 'under construction' now or in the future.
- Opportunity to talk to the neighbours. You can see who already lives in the residence (maybe you even know some of the people) and you can decide how eager you are to move in, on that basis.
In a newly renovated community everyone is in a better mood. In a community of your peers, enjoying today’s active retirement living, you’ll feel great every day. Being with people in an updated, clean, spacious and comfortable living environment will improve your outlook on life, can improve your health and your overall personal well-being. Suites are designed for easy living, with today's active, vibrant senior in mind.