Comfort Life News Round-Up: To Retire or To Stay?
During the course of the week, we've noticed that there seems to be a lot of buzz around retirement and older workers; whether one is forced out, eased out or simply moved out willingly. There appears to be conscious effort by employers to make changes in policies and benefits to try to keep senior workers on board longer. With some Canadian CEO's leading the way by focusing on the experience that comes with age rather than the ambition of the young and hungry, is it possible that the idea of retirement at age 65 a concept of the past?
Here's what caught our eye this week:
- Why older workers do it better.
- What 35-year olds lack
- Do older workers need a nudge?
- Older workers in higher demand as Canadian CEOs more likely to eye the experienced
- Employers spruce up benefits to keep older workers
- Keeping older workers in the game
So the question is, would you defer your retirement if your employer made it worth your while?
* * * * * *