The 2012/13 Guide to Canada's Top Retirement CommunitiesAre you considering the move to a retirement community but you and your family find the options overwhelming? Are you unsure of the costs and how to pay? Or perhaps you want to learn more about home care and whether it's the better option for your needs?
Look no further! The 10 year anniversary edition of Comfort Life's Retirement Living Guide is full of answers and resources for your most important questions such as getting the conversation started about moving, how to downsize, how single women can still be financially secure and how to choose a retirement community and home care.
The guide also explores retirement communities from the inside—from the perspective of residents already engaged in community life, including various social activities and programs that keep them intellectually and physically active.
It breaks down how to choose a retirement community, including a list of the top 142 retirement communities across Canada, what type of care you can expect, and the associated costs.
The community directory puts you in touch with each retirement residence by providing website and contact information so you can delve further into each of your options.
The complete range of highlights and topics covered include:
- The Seven Pillars of Retirement — To help ensure a happy and healthy retirement, it's important to remember and focus on these seven pillars of a fulfilling retirement: Social, environmental, spiritual, sexual, emotional, physical, and intellectual.
- Having the Talk — Moving to a retirement community is often such a hugely emotional process and a big change that starting up the conversation with your parents can be difficult. But, talking about it can help you discover where your parents prefer to live and what home and health care options they may need, even if they are currently independent and active.
- The Couple's Club — A look into the lives of four retired couples who have been friends for years and who continue to support each other through the challenges of aging. Together they've discovered how to choose retirement and health care options that will help them lead active, fulfilled lives.
- The Impact of Care on Your Finances — Exploring financial solutions to your most challenging health care needs based on the three different health stages you may find yourself in, or that you may want to plan for in the future.
- Are You A Single Woman? You Can Still Have a Financially Secure Retirement — Understand the statistics and the issues and discover how you can still save for a financially secure retirement depending on whether you've always been single or are divorced or widowed. Find out what the experts say about getting advice and which resources to consult. Also included are tips to help you evaluate financial experts so you get the best advisor for your needs.
- Your Best Downsizing Strategy — Develop an effective strategy for downsizing, easing the emotional toll, and helping to make your transition easier—and easy to keep track of.
- Home Care 101 — If you're looking into home care, you'll want to know all the basics about who to contact and what it will cost plus how to ensure you choose the right care for your unique needs. This section covers common questions about home care and whether it's the right option for you.
- Retirement Living & Care Directory — This comprehensive directory not only lists 142 of the top retirement communities across Canada but it also covers the spectrum of choices including active adult living, long-term care retirement homes, independent living retirement homes, Alzheimer's care retirement homes, and assisted living retirement homes. The directory also answers a few common questions about retiring.
Whether you're looking to retire now or in the near future, the Retirement Living Guide can help you make all the right decisions!
The eBook is absolutely free and can be downloaded here!
* * * * *
How do you feel about choosing a retirement community? Are you and your family planning ahead or starting to downsize? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.