Why Mississauga Chosen as Best Place to RetireCharles Hicks has travelled the world, lived in various cities including Montreal and Toronto, but now calls Palisades on the Glen retirement community in Mississauga home. "We're really connected here. We're a close family, and everyone (kids and grandkids) are all within 10 minutes." sais Charles. The decision to retire in Mississauga was easy for Charles, "It has everything you would want or need, it's wonderful".
Why Mississauga, Ontario is a Great Place to Retire
- Great neighbourhoods including Port Credit's lakeside views and Streetsville's small town charm.
- Activities at the Living Arts Centre and monthly shows at Meadowvale Theatre
- Shopping is nearby at Heartland or Square one shopping districts
- Central GTA location makes it so easy to travel to Toronto, visit the countryside, or get to the airport
- Excellent hospitals and medical care centers around each corner.
- Safe and senior-friendly mid-sized city.
There are a number of retirement homes in Mississauga to choose from. Ken and Anna Hughes, are savouring their active lifestyle in Mississauga. They continue to build on their lifetime of memories - visiting Niagara on the Lake, Violet Hill and St Jacobs market nearby. And having so much theater and art at your doorstep, such as Roy Thompson Hall in downtown Toronto and at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga, they’re living life to the fullest with regular fun-filled outings. At first, Ken and Anna made a small mistake, moving into a different Mississauga retirement community, but soon found that it wasn't right for them and now moved to Palisades on the Glen.
If you're looking for a retirement home, choose one of these trusted retirement communities in Mississauga. And if you have any questions on which retirement homes are best for your needs, please call us.