Home care agencies offer multiple types of care, some of which include:
- Physiotherapy assistance
- Traumatic injury care
- Palliative care
- Home making
- Accompanied visits
- Meal preparation
Living at Home
Home care is popularly preferred over the move into a retirement home. Although senior homes have definite benefits and are the right choice for a lot of seniors, many individuals do not want to leave home. Indeed, there are plenty of advantages to aging in place. Some of these may be:
- Personality — Even if a retirement homes allows you to bring some elements of home with you, you will have to bequeath many personal items. A retirement home just cannot have the memories or personality of your own home.
- Unlimited visiting hours — At a retirement home, you will be restricted by set visiting hours. There may be times at which you desire visitors, but they simply would not be allowed to join you. In your own home, you make your own hours.
- Privacy — Just don't forget that social activity has many benefits, though!
- Entertaining guests — It is much easier in your own home than it is at another type of living facility.
Though living in your own home may be wonderful, there may be times when you ought to consider moving into a retirement home. For example, if you struggle with walking and your home has a lot of stairs or other hazards, moving into an amenable, accessible facility may be your best option. In short, be sure that home care is the right choice for your unique needs.
Benefits of Home Care in Hamilton and Burlington
- Safety — A home care provider will always be around to rapidly respond in case of an emergency and to tend to any medical needs that you may have.
- Stress-relief — Home caretakers remove a lot of the stress of families and caregivers, while allowing seniors to retain independence within their home communities.
- Comfort — A home care provider will make your life a lot more comfortable than it hitherto was. He or she will take care a lot of your needs and wants and ensure that you need not worry about daily chores.
- Companionship — Living in your own home, at times, can get lonely. However, a home care provider, while helping you with day-to-day things, will keep you company.
Consult with the Burlington and Hamilton-based home care agencies listed below to find out what services they offer.