Burnaby assisted living
Find the city's best retirement communities here
You’ll find the best Burnaby assisted living communities listed here. Communities that list with Comfort Life are welcoming new residents. All offer superb accommodations, amenities, and services, and make the transition easy. Consult with each retirement home below, and use tools on our website to help you make the best choice for you.
List of assisted living communities in Burnaby
Communities listed below are outside of Burnaby
Thornebridge Gardens is one of New Westminster’s finest retirement residences, providing luxurious, worry-free surroundings with life enriching services that inspire healthy senior living. Many options are available!
Lifestyle Options: Independent Living, Assisted Living
Welcome to where independence meets peace of mind. Experience Richmond's cruise-inspired community offering gourmet meals, active living, entertainment & services that are not in-your-face, but there when you need them.
Lifestyle Options: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care
What you need to know about assisted living communities
Seniors receive help with the following activities of daily living in a Burnaby retirement home that is licensed to offer assisted living services:
- Help with personal tasks like feeding, dressing, or bathing
- Help with mobility concerns, such as transfer assistance
- Administration of daily medication
Communities listed above will offer much more than the list below, but all assisted living communities in Burnaby offer the following (as mandated by BC Health):
- a private housing unit with a lockable door
- two nutritious meals per day, one of which is the main meal
- access to basic activity programming such as games, music and crafts
- weekly housekeeping
- laundering of towels and linen
- access to laundry equipment for personal laundry
- heating or cooling as necessary to maintain the safety and basic comfort level of the residence
- a 24-hour emergency response system
Differences between assisted living and higher care
In the province of British Columbia, anyone living in assisted living must be capable of clearly communicating their needs with care and nursing staff. For example, they must be able to respond to emergency alarms, for example, and they will be able to act independently. People who have been assigned to assisted living care by BC Health have needs very different from those in memory care or long-term care. This is part of the continuum of care, falling in between those continuing care needs and independent living.
Which Burnaby assisted living community is right for you?
There are some obvious factors which go into choosing the right assisted living community. These include:
- The cost of the community
- The geographic location, typically based on proximity to family or to external services you need or enjoy
- Your familiarity with the community based on people you know or things you have heard
- The activities and amenities offered by the community.
Comfort Life makes it easy to sort your options, compare and contrast them, and dive deep into what residents and family members say about each.