A seniors apartment building in Vancouver gives you freedom from property taxes along with snow shoveling, lawn mowing, window cleaning, and much other daily maintenance. Senior apartment buildings in cities like Vancouver create a community of peers where your neighbours will share values and concerns. You’re bound to make some great new friends.
Senior apartment buildings in Vancouver
Click here to refine this list
2799 Yew Street, Vancouver,
British Columbia, V6K 4W2
A senior living community in Vancouver, BC offering luxurious seniors' apartments in an active community, along with assisted living and other options.
3338 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver,
British Columbia, V6S 0A6
This beautiful Vancouver seniors' community offers a variety of private suites, along with community services including dining, wellness activities and more.
13751 - 74th Avenue, Surrey,
British Columbia, V3W 1A8
Welcome to Arbourside Court, a retirement home in the heart of Surrey, BC. Proudly serving our senior residents since 2001. Many activities to enjoy and new friendships to be made, we are always bustling with laughter.
3633 Mount Seymour Pkwy, North Vancouver,
British Columbia, V7H 0A9
Located near Mt. Seymour in Vancouver's North Shore, Cedar Springs PARC offers retirement living within a beautiful natural environment. 1- and 2-bedroom suites available.
725 - 22nd Street, West Vancouver,
British Columbia, V7V 0B3
Westerleigh PARC offers refined retirement living in one of West Vancouver's most sought after addresses. Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom suites available.
7230 Acorn Avenue, Burnaby,
British Columbia, V5E 4N9
Mulberry PARC is a welcoming home and community in the heart of Burnaby, BC with the largest 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom retirement home suites available.
1550 West 49th Avenue,, Vancouver,
British Columbia, V6M 0B3
Located in Vancouver’s Kerrisdale neighbourhood, Granville Gardens offers residents the opportunity to stay active and live in a well-appointed urban community, surrounded by shopping centres, parks, community centres.
135 West 15th Street, North Vancouver,
British Columbia, V7M 1R7
Summerhill PARC near the heart of Lonsdale and 15th Avenue in beautiful North Vancouver offers a highly social retirement community living experience. 1- and 2-bedroom suites available.
649 8th Avenue, New Westminster,
British Columbia, V3M 2R2
Thornebridge Gardens is one of New Westminster’s finest retirement residences, providing luxurious, worry-free surroundings with life enriching services that inspire healthy senior living. Many options are available!
7051 Moffat Road, Richmond,
British Columbia, V6Y 3W2
Courtyard Gardens offers an enriching community, with quality staff & friendly & caring environment. 107 Private & Subsidized suites in Assisted Living, 31 Private Pay Extended Care studio suites & 1 Respite Suite.
4088 Blundell Road, Richmond,
British Columbia, V7C 5V1
Like a condominium, you furnish your suite with the comforts from your home, including pets. At Gilmore Gardens, it's the people, residents and staff alike, that make this independent senior living community so special.
3920 198th Street, Langley,
British Columbia, V3A 1C8
We believe that the desire to achieve well-being, purpose and fulfillment does not diminish with a dementia diagnosis. We focus on the possibilities of each Villager with support to live life with laughter, love and joy.
1575 George St, White Rock,
British Columbia, V4B 0B6
At Oceana PARC, our residents thrive with access to physical and mental fitness programming, social activities, chef-prepared meals, transportation and more. Come discover why life is better at our new residence.
Many of Vancouver's senior apartment buildings can also allow you to partake in communal activities. These might include group outings, shopping trips, golf and other sports. If you require some assistance you will also be able to hire home care to come in and take care of your needs.
It’s a poorly held secret that senior apartments make for the best of all possible worlds: you have independence, living in a loose group of peers and a simple monthly payment. Be sure to pick the right apartment building the first time, though.
Vancouver seniors tell us that the thing they like best about apartment living is the community of peers. Many of them love the independence and freedom and taking control of their own destiny. The feeling of rejuvenation and of finding the perfect fit is the ultimate value of moving into a seniors’ apartment community.
Finding the right seniors apartment in Vancouver
Searching for an apartment in Vancouver, today, comes with some considerations that might be different from a house or from apartments the last time you looked for one.
Here’s a rundown of things to look at in a seniors' apartment:
- Location! How close is the apartment to all the things you will need or want to do regularly?
- Come up with a list of three or four Vancouver senior apartment buildings that look good from brochures or from the online listings below and your other investigations then look closer.
- As you look at your options, consider the area. If you do not know the area, learn all you can about its history, the crime rate and other factors that are important to quality of living.
- Absolute must: talk to people already living in the building, ask them how long they have lived there and how well they like it. Most importantly, find out what they like and don’t like about the apartment building and consider whether these are things that also matter to you.
- Visit several times at different times of the day when you are learning about the apartment. Things look different during different times of the week. Traffic may be busier at certain times of the day, outside noises might be very different, or you may see different fellow tenants.
- Peak into the dark corners. Is the building well maintained and cleaned? Is it up to your standards in terms of upkeep? Listen to your gut feelings as you make the final decision.