455 Kingston Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 1V8
About this community:
Built in 1998, the Camelot is located in the heart of James Bay. We offer a warm comfortable home environment in a quiet location, right downtown by the Inner Harbour. Rents include Evening Meals Daily, Weekly Housekeeping and Heavy Laundry Services. Heat, Hydro and Gas are also included in rent.
The Vancouver Island Health Authority has recommended that we limit all visitors to The Camelot.
Only Health care aids, staff, and residents are allowed into the Camelot at this time. Care aids must check in with the office before entering the building. Everyone must use the hand sanitizer that is provided when entering the building.
The dining area is closed.
- We are unable to maintain a physical distance for Diner Service. Tray service delivery to suites will be provided each Diner.
- The coffee pot is touched many times and needs to be sanitized after each person touches it. The staff will service coffee to all residents.
- The puzzle must be stopped for now as we cannot sanitize the puzzle.
Exercises on Wednesday and Saturday will also be cancelled.
The chairs will be moved from the front entrance.
- This is to ensure the 6-foot distancing for Care Aids that come and go using the front entrance.
Riding the elevator limited to 1 person or 1 suite.
- There is not a 6 foot or 2 meter distance in the elevator so you must wait.
Refrain from riding the elevator between 4:45 and 5:30pm.
- In order to deliver hot meals to everyone we need to have the elevator for the diner service.
All deliveries will be accepted by the office and delivered to the Suite.
- Items you would like picked up can be given to the office.
These actions are put in place to keep everyone safe. When the Health Authority changes their recommendations, we will adjust our policy.
Seniors who want to live in a community of people their age with similar interests. These residents are in good physical and cognitive health and need some light assistance with tasks such as laundry, transportation and meals.
For all its intimacy and comfort, the Camelot offers the accoutrements you might expect from a larger retirement home. Housekeeping and dishes are taken care of here, care staff is on hand, there’s a full service dining room with table service, and a daily schedule of activities. There’s also a reading room and a landscaped yard with a gazebo, adding to the peaceful moments made possible.
We especially like the suites here, with every apartment featuring a private balcony or patio. Even one-bedroom suites are exceptionally roomy, with kitchens in an open-concept style. It’s all together ideal for people seeking the security of a retirement home in a peaceful setting.