Help the Sandwich Generation Downsize on Twitter!Join us for the second Comfort Life #sandgen tweetchat tomorrow, July 11th from 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. EST.
TOPIC: How to downsize!
What is the ‘sandgen’?
It’s the sandwich generation—all of us who are sandwiched between the demands of raising our kids and the stress of caring for our elderly parents. We’re stuck in the middle, trying to manage our work and our homes and squeeze out a little time for ourselves—even if it’s only to sleep!
We’re a pretty stressed out bunch and tomorrow we’re getting together for our second #sandgen tweetchat to talk about how we can help each other, and our parents, start to downsize.
What's a tweet chat? It's a conversation on Twitter where we all chat about a topic by sending tweets. The hashtag #sandgen will link all our tweets together.
Downsizing questions and concerns include:
- Discussing how too much unused space can affect us emotionally and how downsizing can substantially improve your, or your parents', retirement.
- Tips and approaches for getting everyone to claim the stuff they’ve stashed with you over the years.
- How to stay positive! We'll talk about important points to consider when moving into a smaller space to keep you and your family from getting overwhelmed.
- Considering the advantages of a new living space, particularly smaller spaces, and making room for more family time, friends, and all of the activities we enjoy.
- How to include top strategies from the pros about setting clear goals and timelines, as well as knowing it’s okay to just say ‘No!’
How to join Wednesday's tweetchat? Use the hashtag, #sandgen between 12:30 – 1:00 pm EST on Wednesday, July 11th.
Go to www.tweetchat.com to sign in and enter the hashtag. Or just follow @comfortlife from your own Twitter account, it's that easy!
Remember, this major step in life doesn’t have to be a dreadful experience — with the right information ahead of time and reconsideration, the process of downsizing can go a bit smoother. Think of it as a discovery of what you can live with (and without), what will work best in your new living space, being honest about the value of what you own, and how these belongings help or hinder you. Downsizing is within your control!
Hope to (tweet)chat with you tomorrow!
* * * * *
What are your secrets and tips for successfully downsizing? Tell us in the Comments section below.