Preparing for Retirement: Top Questions and Ideas You Should ConsiderHave you had the talk yet with your parents about moving into a retirement community? Is it difficult for you to think about all the change that might be going on in your life and how you’re going to get through it? Maybe you have some preconceptions about retirement or retirement communities that are preventing you from starting to plan ahead?
Some of the most common questions and topics about retirement communities, planning and moving are all covered in the Preparing For Your Move eBook out today!
- Having the Talk — It may seem like something you can keep putting off until it's convenient, but the truth is having the talk with your parents about their retirement options now is the most proactive way to ensure they're taken care of in the long run. This section is all about helping you take responsibility for your, and your parents', future.
- Change is difficult but not impossible — It's true, change is tough. Even more so when we start thinking about our homes and uprooting our lives. But with the right research and support, change can be easier! Here you'll find some key advice on how to plan, take control, and embrace change.
- Set aside your preconceptions about retirement residences — This article asks you to put aside (just for a moment!) some of your biggest preconceptions about retirement homes, ask yourself some key questions, and consider how the positives about living in a retirement home can apply to you. It also discusses some common questions and concerns about retirement homes.
- What to consider when searching for seniors housing — Covering the distinguishing features of retirement homes, the positive qualities of retirement homes, and the "absolute musts" to consider and questions to ask.
- Retirement Living Options — Exploring active adult living, independent living, assisted living seniors care, long-term care homes, and Alzheimer's care homes, including important tips and advice to consider as you make your decision.
- Buy, rent or lease? A brief overview of options for figuring out the terms of owning a retirement residence, including a breakdown of what each entail, what certain fees cover, and which options offer certain amenities.
- Retirement residence costs across Canada — This section includes costs by province, tips for managing your finances based on your needs and how to lower costs, and the average monthly rent across Canada.
No matter which stage of life you're in, preparing to move is within your control and can be accomplished with the right research, resources, and support. Download our free eBook here to help you get started today!
* * * * *
Share your thoughts in the Comments section below.
Financing Your Retirement — Planning Ahead eBook
Planning Ahead: Having it All in a Retirement Condo
Pick Your Flavor of Retirement Home
A Broad Look at Senior Housing
How to Downsize and De-clutter Your Home: Advice and Tips