What to know about this topic:
In the Comfort Life Spotlight
New Hamburg is a delightful little place in which to retire. This small town is home to high quality retirement homes and several 55+ communities, where people can settle into and enjoy the empty-nest lifestyle.
How to find the right retirement home for you
Moving to New Hamburg from out of the area
People moving to the area may not be familiar with what an ideally situated community New Hamburg is. Retirement communities and residences here rightfully boast about what a great place it is to live, though. Here are reasons people love life in New Hamburg:
- An idyllic rural community. There's a great small town feel when you shop the local downtown and take part in local activities.
- Country scenery. The Nith River flows through town, creating great opportunities for fishing, photography and other activities.
- Proximity to Stratford. Stratford is a slightly larger town nearby (pop 30,000), home to the world famous Stratford Festival.
- Proximity to KW and Toronto. Kitchener-Waterloo offers a number of great shopping experiences including Fairview Mall and the Boardwalk in Waterloo; there are also universities and a vibrant tech sector in the city. It's a little over an hour to get to Toronto, where there is of course, much more to do. The fact that you can travel to the GTA makes it very attractive to buy into a retirement community here at much lower real estate costs than you will pay closer to the GTA.
New Hamburg's active lifestyle communities offer resort-like living, with a variety of features, that may include the following:
- Professional staff, including a concierge, golf pros, more
- Sports onsite, including golf courses, mini golf, a rec centre and more
- Security watching over your home 24/7, while you travel for the day or for the season
- Much more: check out active adult lifestyle homes
Read reviews of the best active lifestyle communities in the area.