Senior Condominiums in Ontario
Discover the best condominiums for seniors in Ontario
Owning or leasing your own condo in an active living or independent living retirement community is an ideal move at the right time. Condo living can be perfect if you want to put off some responsibilities onto others while aging in place in a community of peers. Check out opportunities for a positive change, below. Further down the page find out about the benefits of senior condos and more.
List of senior condo communities in Ontario
St. Elizabeth Village is a place where community comes first. The Village is set on an impressive 114-acre natural oasis of parks and ponds. Enjoy a non-stop slate of social activities in a vibrant, active lifestyle.
Lifestyle Options: Active Living
The Meadows of Aurora is a Christian Seniors Lifestyle Community that promotes the wellbeing of individuals 65+. Residents experience nature’s green spaces, memorable dining experiences and great times with friends.
Lifestyle Options: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Active Living
Welcome to River Crest Estates, where you will enjoy a higher quality of life, in the heart of the Niagara Region. You will find a community of comfort, simplicity, and freedom for 50+ Active Adults.
Lifestyle Options: Active Living
A spectacular new residential tower in Abbotsford, Mahogany Platinum combines convenience, livability and luxury for seniors looking for an independent lifestyle community. Only a few suites left.
Lifestyle Options: Independent Living, Active Living
The advantages of condo living are numerous. Consider the following:
- Many Ontario senior condominium complexes create a community with your 55 plus peers. You’ll form many new friendships. Community activities and shared facilities mean you’ll meet a wide variety of people your own age who share your interests.
- You can say goodbye to all the things you hate about home ownership. There’ll be no more shoveling snow, clearing out eaves troughs, paying plumbers and electricians, paying property taxes, cutting the grass and the other petty annoyances of living in your own home. They all become someone else’s problem in a senior condo community like those found throughout Ontario (one style of many kinds of adult living communities).
- Onsite features you will share in are many. Many of them are beyond what you’d ever expect in a retirement home. They can include onsite spa services, pubs and lounges, golf courses and many other wonderful surprises. Ontario senior condominium communities lead the way in pandering to and pampering well-deserving seniors.
- Medical staff is onsite at many retirement villages or healthcare is conveniently situated nearby, should you need aid. Of course, Ontario is also home to excellent home care providers. Ontario senior condo communities welcome the hiring of these services to make your life as ideal as possible.
Steps in the process
When searching for a seniors’ condo, pick out the location you want first then worry about customizing the agreement to meet some of your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind as you look at a number of condos in the Ontario town or city you want to settle into:
- Walk around the entire property and condo community to make sure it meets your standards of cleanliness and order.
- Understand which property maintenance commitments are yours and which belong to the owner or community board.
- For some condominium complexes, costs can rise after construction has completed and a community board takes control.
- Read all documents and agreements very closely before signing. Have the documents reviewed by a lawyer or family member in the know, if you are unsure of all the fine print.
Are you considering moving into a seniors condominium? If so download our free eBook Selling Your Home for helpful tips, ideas and advice.
Learn 17 questions to ask about any active lifestyle community.