Seniors Homes in Quebec with Golf
Seniors Homes Options in Quebec with Golf Courses
Golf is a great way to be social and spend time with friends. It will also help you stay active and in good physical condition. And, Quebec is a lively, beautiful province in which to play this sport.
Senior residences with golf will provide you with excellent golf services and facilities. Aside from pristine courses, you will find driving ranges, golf lessons, putting greens, and even computerized course simulations and indoor driving range equipment. Retirement homes with indoor practice areas let you enjoy this sport year round. Maurice, a resident of a Montreal country club retirement home, raves about it. "They say that practice makes perfect. I spend at least an hour a day at the driving range and just work on my swing. Before I lived here, getting to the range was a big hassle but now it’s right here. And I have lots of time to play! My game has improved drastically and I enjoy golf more than ever."
While such senior communities are, of course, known for their golf, you will find a plethora of additional services, amenities, and luxuries in your new residence. Some of these might include:
- Sports facilities (i.e. tennis courts, squash courts, swimming pools)
- Fitness centers
- Wellness centers and spas
- Game rooms (i.e. billiards, ping pong, cards)
- Scheduled transportation and a concierge
- Light housekeeping and personal laundry
- Community events (i.e. movie nights, concerts)
Things to Consider Before Choosing a Retirement Home in Quebec
Prior to selecting a senior home with golf facilities, you should think about some of the following questions and common concerns.
- Is it a member of The Association des Residences et CHSLD Prives du Quebec? This organization enforces stronger standards than those that the province mandates. Industry insiders advise that you make sure that your home is a member of ARCPQ.
- Do the home’s owners have a positive reputation?
- Are there any extra costs (i.e. meals, golf, housekeeping, tips)?
- Do you like the location of the residence, and is it accessible for your family members and friends?
- How old is the home and how well is it maintained? Are its golf facilities as nice as you would expect them to be?
- What emergency services or procedures does the home have in place?