Your Type - Active Adult Living
Active Adult Living
Active adult living is ideal for those 50 and over -- in the prime of their lives just beginning their retirement -- who want accommodation, services and some care, in a secure environment with a community of peers. These purpose-built houses or apartments in planned communities are designed with seniors in mind. They may also offer access to off-site support services such as personal care.
- Single-family homes, mobile or manufactured homes, cluster housing, condo style housing or special subdivisions
- Occupants can lease or purchase the residence and enjoy an independent lifestyle with neighbours
- Amenities: Golf courses, sports courts, swimming pools and spas, fitness and wellness centres, recreation activities, onsite casinos.. Generally situated close to areas with additional services, and quite often close to other urban develoments with typical amenities like shopping, etc.
- For those 50 and older who finally have the time to pursue hobbies and passions that they’ve put off until this stage in life, this type of community will enable them to fulfill their dreams and goals
- Allow residents to live fully independent lives in a close community of peers
Safety and Security
- Dedicated staff ready to respond to any emergency that might arise
- Security may include an on-site security officer or 24-hour surveillance
- Many residences are closed off or gated to increase safety