Real estate agents
Specialized in meeting the needs of seniors
Listed below, find real estate agents who specialize in helping seniors. Accredited Senior Agents™ are specially trained in understanding the needs of senior clients and network with experts in everything from moving to financial services. Most importantly, they are very experienced with and committed to understanding the specific needs of seniors who may be making their first move in many years.
Seniors' Real Estate Agents
At Comfort Life, we champion the value of accredited senior real estate agents. They are markedly different from regular real estate agents who may have limited experience working with seniors and who treat all their clients the same no matter what their age. They are also distinct from the designation of Seniors’ Real Estate Specialist, an American designation held by agents who may have experience working with seniors but who are accredited by a body whose training is focused on US law.
A few other noteworthy advantages offered by Accredited Senior Agents are as follows:
- They will have worked with many a variety of seniors, including those who have been widowed, and with adult children and other family members. They understand how to deal with various family dynamics. They have training in and experience with families in the middle of a health-induced crisis. They’ll be able to offer both professional and personal support to families.
- They will have subject matter expertise and will connection to a network of experts in a variety of areas. They will be offer advice or recommendations in both legal and financial aspects. They can recommend seniors’ moving companies with which they will have worked with before. They will also know property appraisers, estate specialists, healthcare experts and other specialists.
- They have rich training and (most often) experience specifically in helping Canadian seniors sell a traditional family home and move into a retirement home. Typically, they have the resources to make the move very smooth. On the actual moving day, the senior leaves their current home for good, and moves seamlessly into independent living or senior care.
For a full discussion of the value of the ASA, see our seniors’ real estate page. There you will find more about:
- Accredited Senior Agents (ASA)
- The ASA's network of experts
- The ASA vs. SRES
- The distinct value of the ASA
- Finding the agent who is right for you
All fields are required.