Six Simple Exercises to Prepare You For Any Activity
If you're like many people, trying to find the motivation for daily exercise and getting into a routine can be difficult. However, there are six simple exercises you can do to maintain your physical and mental health and prepare yourself for any activity throughout your day.
An exercise routine is important for all of your activities of daily living. Exercise becomes even more important if you want to be able to garden without back pain, hit the golf or tennis ball further or straighter, and hike or cycle steep hills and long distance with ease. Regular workouts will:
- Strengthen your entire core section including the low back. Eighty percent of low back problems are preventable with core strengthening exercises.
- Strengthen your leg muscles where most of your power comes from.
- Improve your balance to keep you doing your activity well.
- Improve your flexibility.
- Improve your endurance so you can do your activity as long as you want with energy and stamina.
Here is a simple workout using only a stability ball that can be done in about 20 minutes three times a week (check out the video for the “How to”):
EXERCISE # 1: MARCHING.
EXERCISE # 2: WALK OUT.
EXERCISE # 3: HAMSTRING CURL.
EXERCISE # 4: PUSHUPS.
EXERCISE # 5: BRIDGE.
EXERCISE # 6: BODY WEIGHT SQUATS.
Start with the dynamic warm-up from last week and you are ready to go.
COMING UP: Next week’s blog will look at an ACTIVITY COOLDOWN to keep you leading you a healthy, active life.
* * * * *
Do you find that simple exercises before you begin an activity help you during the day? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.