Scarborough’s Premier Boutique Retirement Community is a family owned and managed residence that offers seniors the opportunity to maintain their independence. Enjoy healthy Chef-prepared meals, physiotherapy, fall prevention programs, air purification for optimal health, daily life enrichment programs as well as a Chapel with daily mass services. We pride ourselves on a level of excellence that comes from dedicated and caring staff. We also accommodate short-term trial or respite stays.
Opened in: 1989
Ownership Type: private
Languages Spoken: English
Scarborough Retirement Residence has always had robust infection control protocols. At the beginning of the pandemic, our team came together to look at areas where we could enhance our safety measure in compliance with the provincial and local health authorities. With clear and attainable protocols in place, we are able to help protect our residents and staff and immediately address any COVID-19 outbreaks.
Some of the enhanced safety measures include:
* Active screening and surveillance of resident health daily
* PPE on hand and required for residents and staff
* Essential worker and designated caregiver (DCG) training
* Active screening of visitors and staff
* Enhanced infection control protocols
* Promote hand-washing and good hygiene by increasing our hand sanitization stations and audits
* Increased sanitation and disinfection of high-touch surfaces
* Physical distancing in common areas, dining rooms and elevators
* Routine PCR swabbing and Rapid Antigen Testing for all staff, Agency Workers and DCGs
* Pandemic Free Family Visitation Our commitment to you. Scarborough Retirement Residence has implemented many
initiatives to support our residents, staff and our community during the pandemic:
* Rapidly sourced PPE for staff, residents and visitors
* Ongoing recruitment to ensure consistent staffing
* Our Community Relations Team is available 7 days a week to answer your calls and respond to your emails
* Host regular scheduled virtual town hall meetings and provide email updates to keep our residents, their families and our staff
informed and connected
* Medical Virtual Care available in our Community Clinic’s Family Lounge
* Sourced and maintain the Family Visitation Centre our safe and innovative approach to keeping residents connected to their
* Enhanced virtual Life Enrichment Programs such as Virtual-Visits, Dedicated Community CATIE TV, Radio &
Web Communication directly to resident suites.
This residence combines proximity to the heart of Toronto, with a down-home feel, due to its being family owned. This is a relatively small community where people care for each other; residents have the option of being as open or as private as they want to be. You can take retirement living for a test drive, thanks to short term and respite care stays. Security is provided through overnight staff.
Chef-prepared meals, physiotherapy and daily enrichment programs are just some of the home's features that make life here especially great. The community extends care holistically through onsite spiritual programming. The pet-friendly environment has also been shown to have benefits for psychological wellbeing. Group outings include movies and day visits to a variety of attractions.Read 5 more reviews
|Studio||264 - 510||$3,288 - $4,572 (Rent)||+$900 per month||
|1-bed||480 - 620||$4,659 - $5,407 (Rent)||+$900 per month||
Meal service : Bar, Pub, Room Service (extra fee), Table service, Tray service in suite (extra fee)
Seating type : Assigned seating , Two Seatings
Special diets : Celiac Diet, Diabetic, Ethnic, Gluten Free, Lactose free, Low sodium, Puree foods, Vegetarian
Residence Amenities & Services
Programs & Activities
|Registered Practical Nurses||24 hrs/day|
|Personal Support Workers||24 hrs/day|
|Doctor||on call & visiting 1x/week|
|Health & Wellness Team||on call|
|Massage Therapist||visiting 1x/week|
|Foot care specialist||visiting 1x/week|
Number of care staff:
Care options available:
Scarborough Retirement Residence is just steps away from the Scarborough Village Seniors' Centre, churches, shopping, banks, convenience stores, and public transit is at our doorstep.
Scarborough Residence is located at 148 Markham Road, Scarborough, Ontario, M1M 2Z8.
|Compare with||Lifestyle options||Location|
|Chartwell Guildwood Retirement Residence||Independent Living||Scarborough, Ontario|
|McCowan Retirement Residence - Metta Lifestyles||Apartments, Assisted Living, Dementia & Memory Care, Independent Living||Scarborough, Ontario|
|Nurse Next Door Toronto Beaches||Assisted Living, Dementia & Memory Care, Long-term Care, Respite care||Scarborough, Ontario|
|Retirement Suites By The Lake||Assisted Living, Independent Living||Scarborough, Ontario|
|Shepherd Terrace||Assisted Living, Independent Living||Scarborough, Ontario|
All fields are required.