Delmanor Glen Abbey Review
1459 Nottinghill Gate, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 4W1
Like other Delmanor retirement communities, Glen Abbey makes exceptional the rule. This community treats residents like royalty, respectful of the fact that people have spent their lives serving others. For staff here, working in a retirement residence is an opportunity to give back to those people, the mature adult residents who move here.
Aside from its proximity to the world-renowned golf course, there is a wealth of arts and culture in the area of this community, including Oakville Museum, Oakville Galleries and the Centre for the Performing Arts. This community features a wide variety of very helpful, fun outings for residents to partake in.
This place is obviously ideal if you love golfing or want to settle close to family in Oakville, but there are also a variety of onsite quiet places that allow residents time for personal space. These include The Greenhouse Potting Room, the Serenity Spa and personal massage facilities.
Exceptional aspects of this retirement community
- Proximity to the prestigious Glen Abbey Golf Club
- Several exceptional dining rooms include The Oaks and Fairway, along with a private dining room available for family events.
- The Glen Theatre is in-house, great for special event broadcasts and movie nights.
- The Players Pub includes billiards, as well as a cards and games lounge.
- Other onsite services include a café, library, outdoor putting green and shuffleboard court.
- Social events include organized events and excursions on a daily basis.
- Personal care services range from housekeeping and laundry to an onsite hair salon and esthetician services.
- There is also 24/7 security monitoring of the grounds, and an onsite reception concierge.
- The exercise facility onsite is well-used, along with a wellness centre with personal training and coaching.
Photos of Delmanor Glen Abbey
What people say about Glen Abbey and other Delmanor communities
Staff is friendly, caring and always helpful. The building itself is very clean and well-maintained year round.
It was hard to leave [the home we owned], but [my husband] couldn’t do things around the house anymore… Not having to cook meals gives me more time to do things with him.