The Village of Tansley Woods Review
4100 Upper Middle Road, Burlington, Ontario, L7W 4W8
One of several Schlegel Villages that supersedes the institutionalized feel traditionally associated with seniors' care homes. Schlegel is focused on implementing a culture change around senior care and retirement home living. "Open concept" is a nice enough idea, but The Village of Tansley Woods goes above and beyond this, truly creating a small town feel under a dry roof. Inside the village, there's a chapel, general store, beauty salon and barber shop, along with spacious lounges and a tenth floor restaurant called the Ruby.
As with all Schlegel Villages, care provided benefits from the company's association with the Research Institute for Aging (RIA), at University of Waterloo. The village is split into several neighbourhoods, each focused around specific care needs. Just like regular neighbourhoods, these become small, friendly communities where neighbours share concerns and interests. Families and seniors who are part of the village love it here.
Tansley Woods is ideal for a variety of people. Older adults who currently live alone love that they can have all their housework and meals taken care of, and they can find friends to talk to just outside the door. For seniors who are advancing in age, there are customized levels of care focused exactly on their needs. The community and the care offered here are truly unique here. Walk in here, and it will change your mind about seniors' homes, forever.
Why you'll find this an exceptional experience
- The truly small town experience encourages friendly interaction with others while also protecting your privacy when you want it.
- Exceptional care is offered in a full range, from independent living to memory care and long term care.
- Memory care staff are specially trained in a variety of professional programs, such as Gentle Persuasive approach (GPA).
- Core Heart Teams peopled by a variety of staff monitor residents for signs of heart failure in long term care.
- Other programs are introduced regularly, thanks to Schlegel's affiliation with the RIA.
Photos of The Village of Tansley Woods
What residents and their families say
My parents love it here. Great place and great staff.
My Dad has been a resident of the Long Term Care in The Village of Tansley Woods for 2 1/2 years now and he is well cared for.